Introducing this new portrait silhouette workshop! We'll teach you how to hand-paint a silhouette of your child, spouse or anyone really! This workshop is a great way to create a keepsake of a mom's pregnancy or a loved one. You get to choose your board paint colour in upon booking and your silhouette colour in studio. The final piece is completed on an 11 x 15" wood board.
Due to the custom nature of this workshop, we require ALL bookings 48 hours IN ADVANCE of the workshop date.
After booking, please take a photo of the individual you wish to create a silhouette of. Here are some tips to get the best results:
- Photograph the individual against a white or light solid background.
- Ask the subject to stand with their arm facing you and position their arm in an an interesting pose if desired.
- For female subjects, tie back their hair if you wish.
- Zoom in to focus on the head if a child's silhouette.
- For a maternity image, take a photo including the belly.
- Take a high resolution photograph
Email your photograph to leanne@craftycreatures. ca and we will prepare a layout of your final silhouette for painting.
Choose Your Crafts
First, browse our selection of crafts in studio (Day Creatures) or online (Night Creatures) and choose what you would love to create!
Invite Your Friends
Crafting is fun with friends, so invite them too or drop in at the studio & meet new friends! Even plan a private group event.
Crafty Creatures is an experience! Sure, you get to take home all your crafts, but you also get to make memories!